I have been an Associate Professor of the Cybermedia Center at Osaka University since 2008. I received my B.E., M.E., and Ph.D. from Osaka University in 1997, 2000, and 2002, respectively. I was Assistant Professor of the Graduate School of Information Science and Technology at Osaka University from 2002 to 2005. I also had worked as a visiting scholar in University of California, San Diego in 2005. From 2005 to 2008, and had worked on the internationalization of education in the Graduate School of Information Science and Technology at Osaka University as a Specially-Appointed Associate Professor.
As the Associate Professor of the Research Division of Applied Information Systems at the Cybermedia Center, I have been not only engaging in university-wide support for research and education in Osaka University but also promoring the research and development on practical and useful applied information systems. Also, I am in charge of classes in the Graduate School of Information Science and Technology and the School of Engineering as well as supervision of students in research.
Research field / Expertise
- Wide-are Distributed Computing technology such as Grid, Cloud computing
- Development of application, software, computing system in the above area
Wide-area Distributed Computing
I have studied on computing technology that leverages computational resources over multi-domains represented by Grid and Cloud computing. I put my focus on general system infrastructure technologies for wide-area computing technology.
Large-scale visualization technology
I have focued on large-scale visualization technology leveraging TDW (Tiled Display Wall).
In particualr, visualization technology and technique using network is focused. Recently, SDN (Software-Defined Networking) is focused.
High-performance computing technology
I have been researching computing technologies and techniques using cross-domain computational resources represented by Grid and Cloud Computing. I have also focused on the general system infrastructure for realizing wide-area distributed computing.
By evaluating wide-area distributed computing, high-performance computing, and visualization technologies in the practical e-Science research, I have attempted to contribute to both computer science and e-Science through the verification of usefulness and practicality of such technologies.
Commitee on campus I have enagaged is listed below.
- FrontierLab@OsakaU Exploratory WG Committee 2008
- FrontierLab@OsakaU Operation WG Committee 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- FrontierLab@OsakaU Operation Sub-WG 2014, 2015, 2016
- Cybermedia Center Advertisement Committee 2014
- Cybermedia Center High-performance Computing Committee 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Cybermedia Center Harassment Counseling Staff 2014, 2015, 2016
- Cybermedia Center University-wide Support Meeting Commitee 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Cybermedia Center Project Valuation Committee 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Cybermedia Center Network Operation and Management Committee 2014 ~
- Cybermedia Center Facility Management Committee 2014~
- Cybermedia Center Contact personnel of fire control and disaster management at Umekita Office 2013 ~
I have worked for the following procurements of system and software.
- 授業支援システム(Eラーニングシステム)ソフトウェアライセンス仕様策定委員 2013
- Supercomputer System 仕様策定委員 2013
- 特定調達契約「スーパーコンピュータシステム一式」補助者 2014
- 特定調達契約「”Shared Visualization System Cooperated with HPCI” 補助者 2013
- “Shared Visualization System Cooperated with HPCI” Technical review staff 2013
- 「基幹系プラットフォーム機器拡張」仕様策定委員 2013
- 特定調達契約 “Extension of Core platform Equipment” Technical review staff 2014
- 「全国共同利用大規模並列計算システム」仕様策定委員会委員(委員長) 2015.11-
- 特定調達契約「全国共同利用大規模並列計算システム」技術審査職員 2017.02.06-2017.05.31
Other activities are listed below.
- National Institute of Science and Technology Policy 専門調査員 2014 ~
- RIKEN AICS 連携サービス運営・作業委員 2014 ~
- 京都市大型汎用コンピュータオープン化事業検討委員会 2017